TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Strictly a coincidence, I'm sure......
People Seeking Info

Subject Strictly a coincidence, I'm sure......

Posted by SilverTwin(OH) on September 04, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 849 times.

In Reply To The AMS is a copy of a different product posted by FuerGrissa on September 04, 2011 at 04:21 PM

Message Seems a Driftworks set made it into Canada ~ 1 year ago

[ http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=176522&highlight=driftworks ]

[QUOTE=jschrauwen;1946103]I believe the only thing that comes close is the SPL type. These seemed to be a lot more beefier. These would negate the requirement to have one of those huge bulky HICAS elimination bars as well. The large brackets bolt right up to the sub-frame. This allows me to completely remove all hicas devices at the rear and the engine bay and everything in between. I was going to have to remove one of the oem bushings at the spindle anyway so I decided to go this route.

Even more odd, the Driftworks kit was purchased with no follow-up of installation. Yet, this was installed with much hype....

[ http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=196795&highlight=ams+hicas+delete ]

Seems John even noticed the similarities to the Driftworks Kit:

[QUOTE=jschrauwen;2178579]I won't have this turn into another AMS bashfest.
Of course there are going to probably be similarities to other HICAS delete units just like there are HICAS lock-out bars made by Z1, Powertrix, AMS, Stillen, various ebay units, etc, etc that bare some similar resemblance.
It doesn't matter that the SPL one is designed after the Midori design or that the UAS one appears similar to the SPL one or that the AMS appears to be similar to the Driftworks one.
There will be no bashing in this thread. If you want to extol the merits of your prefered HICAS kit then start you're own thread on the subject because I don't want it here.[/QUOTE]

'91 TT
Stage ??

ZROC -The Z and Roadster Club of Ohio

www.cincyz.org - The Southern Ohio Z Spot

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.